2014 PACSOA ANNUAL SHOW AND PLANT SALE
March 8 - 9 2014 at Mt Cootha Botanic Gardens Auditorium, Brisbane
Hours: Saturday 9 – 4pm Sunday 9 – 3pm
Admission $3 / $2 Concession
More details <here>
Welcome to the Palm and Cycad Societies of Australia
Welcome to the PACSOA website and wiki, one of the internet's most comprehensive resources about palms and cycads. This web site includes extensive information on palm and cycad species, their horticulture, details about society membership, society activities, and links to other sites
The Palm & Cycad Society of Australia Inc. (PACSOA) is a group of affiliated, semi-autonomous, regional Palm and/or Cycad Societies headed by a Board presently based in Brisbane, Queensland. The Society publishes a quarterly magazine, PALMS & CYCADS (see below), which has articles of both non-technical and technical content, of interest to the palm and/or cycad enthusiast; and a Bookstore which offers substantial discounts on retail prices of palm and cycad books and publications, most of which are unobtainable elsewhere in Australia. At the regional level (the individual societies are known as branch groups), regular meetings, field trips and outings are organized and all branch groups produce a newsletter relevant to their particular area.
The objects of the PASCOA include promotion of the propagation and cultivation of palms and cycads, education and dissemination of knowledge, scientific study, and conservation of endangered species in the wild. PASCOA is affiliated with the International Palm Society (I.P.S.)
How to use this website
- If your are a beginner to growing palms and cycads, try our beginners page (at left) for a set of introductory articles
- If you know what species you are interested in, go to the relevant page in either Palms or Cycads. Because this is a Wiki, you can also add or update almost any article on these pages. Simply register (top right)), click the "edit" button of the article and share your knowledge!
- If you are looking for information on adding or updating pages, have a look at the help page. This will also tell you how to upload images to the wiki.
- If you would like to contribute any information or pictures, but don't feel comfortable doing that yourself, you can send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to join PACSOA, or find out information about the benefits, go to our online Membership page
- If you would like to purchase any books, go to our Bookstore.
- Recent changes/additions can be found on the latest updates page.
- Our Links page has numerous links to other relevant sites and plant societies.
PALMS & CYCADS Magazine
Latest Issue - No. 120, July-Sept 2013
Contents this Issue
- Borneo Revisited Part 1: Brunei - Hans Querl
- Cycads In Italy - Mark Wuschke
- The Cycad House at Kew - Mark Wuschke
Front Cover: Korthalsia sp. rattan palm, at Ulu Temburong National Park, Brunei. Photo: Hans Querl
For info about previous issues, click <here>
If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact the website maintainer, Mike Gray.